Tesla Full Self-Driving V10.0.1 sees minor enhancements however may be unpredictable. And be warned: unhealthy beta drivers will get the boot.
For starters, CEO Elon Musk tweeted this previous week that 10.1 is coming every week from Friday “with a beta request button.”
Musk additionally warned that unsafe drivers are historical past.
That’s clearly as a result of FSD beta drivers can face various touch-and-go conditions, leaving no room for careless driving.
FSD beta drivers are duly warned that “it could do the fallacious factor on the worst time, so it’s essential to all the time maintain your palms on the wheel and pay additional consideration to the street.”
Watching the ten.0.1 movies under, that’s good recommendation.
The beta driver in the first video (under) took 10.0.1 for a check drive on September 17 and noticed “small enhancements.” There have been various hiccups too.
It’s price noting that the routes the beta driver takes are fairly difficult because the “About” web page says: “Newport is a colonial New England city with many slim streets and difficult intersections which can be atypical. I attempt to discover the troublesome conditions to essentially problem FSD Beta.”
Among the highlights:
- Has hassle with one-way road. (0:54)
- “Sport of hen” labored with 3 vehicles at cease signal…“that was excellent.” (1:20)
- “Dotted line subject appears to have been mounted…has not crossed dotted line.” (2:26)
- Not aggressive sufficient: automobile is “flashing its headlights to let me in…that is a reasonably robust scenario I believe for beta proper now. A human driver would definitely be extra aggressive.” (6:26)
- Rolls over the curb: “Yesterday I disengaged there as a result of I felt prefer it was too near that curb.” However this time after letting FSD beta take over, it rolled over the curb. (7:36)
- Lets two pedestrians cross: “automobile is ready a bit of too lengthy for this man however was very well mannered to each these guys strolling out in the course of the street.” (12:48)
- Dicey: heads in the direction of stopped automobile (14:10)
Another beta driver shared some insights from a September 17 drive:
- After some “creeping,” efficiently negotiates intersection: At first not far sufficient out to see to the left. Then it begins creeping. “It is being cautious…simply sort of nudging itself out…Good. Thumbs up. That was good.” (3:50)
- Handles glare properly: “This can be a nice instance of 100% within the solar and the way these cameras are capable of filter mild out with a view to see adequately. (08:25)
- Runs a purple mild. (10:18)
- Success with a pedestrian. (16:17)
- Doesn’t see automobile in a “non-90-degree angle.” (18:44)
- Blurry, quivering strains (navigation display) doesn’t cease the place it’s presupposed to. (20:04)
(See 10.0.1 release notes which cowl visualization and cabin digicam enhancements.)
Feedback or ideas may be despatched to me by way of a direct twitter message at twitter.com/mbrookec.