Christie’s New York will supply six diamonds valued at greater than $1 million at its April 13 public sale of Magnificent Jewels. The sale is led by “The Fuchsia Rose,” an 8.82-carat fancy intense purple-pink diamond that’s probably internally flawless. The modified pear-shaped gem is mounted on a platinum ring flanked by two colorless diamonds of 6.1 carats. Its estimate is $4 million – $6 million.
Coloured and colorless diamonds make up the highest 11 heaps on this sale at Christie’s Rockefeller Heart headquarters. Different standouts embrace:
- An 11.63-carat fancy blue diamond with VS1 readability mounted on a platinum and 18k white gold. The cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant-cut gem is flanked by two white diamonds. Its estimate is $2.5 million – $3.5 million;
- An internally flawless 21.05-carat spherical good reduce diamond with E shade and glorious reduce, polish and symmetry. Its estimate is $1.4 million – $2.4 million;
- A 2.44-carat fancy intense pink spherical brilliant-cut diamond with VVS1 readability mounted on a platinum and yellow gold ring additional adorned with pear-shaped diamonds. Its estimate is $1 million – $2 million;
- A 51.28-carat spherical brilliant-cut diamond with I shade, SI1 readability, and glorious reduce, polish and symmetry. Its estimate is $1.3 million – $1.8 million; and
- A 15.31-carat fancy vivid yellow square-cut diamond with an estimate of $1 million – $1.5 million.
Different notable objects among the 72 lots embrace a uncommon and historic vintage Tiffany & Co. diamond and enamel ‘Subway’ pendant-watch with an estimate of $20,000 – $30,000 introduced for the primary time to the general public at public sale.
It was a commissioned jewel to commemorate the opening of the New York Metropolis subway system. Behind the domed crystal of 1 aspect of the watch is soil taken on the groundbreaking of the Subway on March 24, 1900, along with the initials of the unique proprietor, Georgie Annie McDonald, daughter of John B. McDonald who was chargeable for overseeing the development of town’s first subway line. The engraving alongside the outside reads “a few of the earth from the primary shovelful taken out by Mayor Van Wyck on the breaking of floor for the primary underground railway.”
Rounding out the public sale is a devoted sale titled “Property from the Rockefeller Household,” which incorporates: a Cartier Artwork Deco sapphire and diamond bracelet ($60,000 – $80,000); a Van Cleef & Arpels sapphire and diamond ring ($100,000 – $150,000); and an Artwork Deco emerald bead, diamond and multi-gem necklace ($100,000 – $150,000).
Public viewing will likely be held at Christie’s New York, April 8 – 12.