Heads up, magnificence gurus! After twenty years tending to a few of the most recognizable tresses on the globe—together with these of the entire Kardashian sisters and Megan Fox—superstar hairstylist Andrew Fitzsimons has lastly launched his very personal haircare model.
And it’s not solely salon-performance, however accessibly-priced.
The road—Andrew Fitzsimons Haircare—launches with 26 care and styling merchandise in the present day, out there solely at Boots places in Eire and the UK and Boots.co.uk in the present day (with a US launch in Ulta quickly to comply with), priced between £9 and £13.
“I’ve recognized for fairly a while that I wished to disrupt this sector of the haircare market,” Fitzsimons tells me. “I come from a humble background, so it has been my dream to create merchandise for ladies like my mum who aren’t in a position to spend £40 on a shampoo however completely deserve a terrific expertise.”
Fitzsimons and his group have spent 4 years growing the model behind the scenes, solely revealing small hints that an eponymous model could be within the wings by way of Instagram during the last month.
“I have been dying to place this model out into the world for thus lengthy,” he continues. “Once I began work on it we clearly didn’t know there could be a worldwide pandemic.”
Nonetheless, the sudden delay gave Fitzsimons time to refine all formulation and prolong the model’s preliminary providing into 5 mix-and-match haircare collections, plus a styling vary:
• VIRGIN REPAIR LINE WITH CERAMIDES FOR DAMAGED HAIR: Supreme for broken and/or weakened hair, this assortment strengthens the hair construction with an modern formulation that includes ceramides that works to revitalize and regenerate dry, broken hair, defending towards additional breakage from chemical, thermal, environmental stressors and styling results.
Merchandise embody: Restructuring Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Restructuring Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, Restructuring Masks (UK solely), £13.00, AF1 Restructuring Go away-in Conditioner, £11.00/€16.99, and Restructuring Serum, £13.00/€16.99.
• FANTASY CURLS LINE WITH AMINO ACIDS FOR 3A-4C CURL TYPES: Formulated to cater to 3A-4C curls, this nourishing assortment gives lengthy lasting curl definition for easy, manageable, bouncy curls. Containing amino acids for power and pro-keratin to rejuvenate dry hair, controlling quantity and taming frizz with out stripping the hairs pure oils.
Merchandise embody: Nourishing Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Nourishing Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, Nourishing Masks, £13.00/€16.99, Nourishing Serum, £13.00/€16.99, Curl Crème, £11.00/€14.49, Curl Amplify Texture Spray (UK solely), £11.00, and Detangle, Outline & Refresh Spray (UK solely), £11.00.
• BODY VOLUME LINE WITH CAFFEINE: Supreme for skinny and positive hair, this distinctive product assortment formulated with caffeine is designed to nourish, texturize and elevate including weightless physique and conditioning therapies that fill in lacking keratin discovered naturally in hair follicles give hair a gentle weightless end for lasting form. Merchandise embody: Boosting Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Boosting Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, and Blowdry Maintain Spray, £9.00/€11.99.
• PRISM SHINE LINE WITH HYALURONIC ACID: Appropriate for many hair sorts, this assortment is designed to offer excessive shine, moisturize and cut back frizz whereas enhancing manageability and defending from the return of dullness. Infused with a Hyaluronic Acid protein complicated, this vary replenishes fibers from root to tip, detangling and softening leaving strands silky, supple and with most shine. Merchandise embody: Shiny Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Shiny Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, and Invisible Shine Spray, £11.00/€14.49.
• AMYTHEST BLONDE LINE WITH ULTRAVIOLET PIGMENT FOR BLONDE AND HIGHLIGHTED HAIR: Supreme for blonde and highlighted hair, this assortment restores gloss, shine and revives color luminosity on blonde and highlighted hair. The purple formulation work to ship lasting safety towards brassy and yellow tones whereas replenishing hydration and soften hair, giving a deeply nourishing therapy.
Merchandise embody: Purple Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Purple Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, Purple Masks, £11.00/€14.49, and Purple Go away-In Spray (UK solely), £13.00.
• STYLING: This high-performance styling assortment addresses all hairstyling wants. The merchandise are a mixture of modern formulation and perfected luxury- impressed classics, all together with Aurascent TechnologyTM.
This long-lasting scent know-how envelopes hair strands with a divine perfume, permitting scent notes of citrus, inexperienced florals and creamy wooden notes steadily launch. This leaves hair feeling sublimely refreshed between washes.
The Styling vary might be cocktailed with some other merchandise from the model. Merchandise embody: HARD Sturdy Maintain Hairspray, £9.00/€11.99, DISCREET AF Dry Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, MODEL Quantity Wave Spray, £11.00/€14.49, and APRES SEXE Texture Spray, £9.00/€11.99.
And in addition to being vegan and cruelty free, all merchandise are formulated with a proprietary ‘AF Bonding System’—an modern protein-based complicated that creates highly effective hydrogen and ionic bonds contained in the keratin hair construction, constructing elasticity and power from inside.
All of which felt like a tall however important order to Fitzsimons.
“With all due respect to the luxurious manufacturers—lots of which I’m a fan!—probably the most necessary classes I’ve discovered is that creating prime quality, efficient hair merchandise is inexpensive than you would possibly suppose,” he admits.
“Do not get me flawed, making a hair model remains to be fairly costly—that was a giant key lesson!—however you do not essentially should spend exponentially extra to create an opulent expertise.”
The tougher job, actually, was placing the appropriate group in place to execute his imaginative and prescient. Fitzsimons spent two years assembly with varied companions, distributors, producers, and creatives to get the combo proper.
“Till now, a lot of the hair trade has been responsible of recycling the identical concepts, so it was necessary for me to discover a group that was enthusiastic about doing issues in a different way.
“There was such a binary means of promoting to ladies that isn’t to their profit, so I wished to verify everybody on my group additionally believed that we needs to be creating and promoting in a extra accountable means.”
He additionally wanted individuals who have been ready to face the problem of marrying that accountability with a provocative, excessive idea, excessive efficiency luxurious expertise–one thing that many manufacturers draw back from.
“Loads of instances, when manufacturers launch, we see them supply merchandise for straighter hair sorts and add curl traces later—or vice versa. My curl line is the largest vary within the assortment, and we have now ranges for all hair sorts.
“It sounds so easy, however discovering people who find themselves prepared to do issues outdoors the norm was essential!”
As an ally of the Trans group, Fitzsimons has already employed a cosmetics donation program with the TransWellness Heart in Los Angeles and Andrew Fitzsimons Haircare will comply with go well with as associate of this group, in addition to the London LGBTQ+ Neighborhood Heart.
“In some ways, this model was impressed by the astute enterprise acumen of my purchasers,” he notes. “I’ve learnt a lot from a few of the smartest businesswomen on this planet and I’m very grateful for his or her generosity in sharing with me.”
Not that the model means he’s going to maneuver away from consumer work.
“This can be a actual glimpse ‘behind the Instagram curtain’,” he jokes. “I have been engaged on this model whereas working with my purchasers nonstop for the previous few years! I simply have not been in a position to share the model work on social media like I do with my consumer work.”
Recently, his days typically contain waking up early for conferences together with his group in Europe, working with celebrities, afternoon conferences together with his US counterparts—then typically returning to work with purchasers once more later within the day.
“Earlier than that, I used to be spending all of my out there time engaged on ideas for the marketing campaign, testing formulation, giving notes on packaging, sourcing fashions, storyboarding for social media content material…typically whereas on the street with purchasers!
“It is positively a balancing act however I see it persevering with like this for the foreseeable future.”